Sunday, July 15, 2007

Lack of Breeding...

I know I am a dog, I can't speak (in your tongue), I don't pay taxes, and I don't work for a living per say... however what I have noticed lately is quite perturbing... the lack of general breeding.

I know a lot about this subject, after all I am a pedigree coming from a long line of champion ancestors, let me clarify, in plain English, people have gone and lost their manners!

My Great Nana had an old saying "You catch more flies with honey than you do vinegar", I am truly appalled at the lack of manners I constantly witness...

How hard is it to say "please" or "thank you" even us critters have a simple communication skill to express the fore mentioned... if we want to convey "please" we can beg, look cute, jump around, wag our tails and make cute little whiny noises, to say thank you, it's as simple as a lick, a wag of the tail or a cuddle... so why is it for you humans with your exorbitant vocabularies that you can not express the simplest of courtesies?

It has gotten so bad that I have watched in astonishment, how taken back people are when my mum says "Thank you".
Dear, sweet, lovely people, that have obviously gone out of their way to help my mum, they are so shocked that they thank her in return for thanking them, and it all becomes one big smooshy love fest.

Regardless the point I am trying to make is very simple even for us animal folk... it is amazing what you can really get out of people when you take a few extra seconds out of your day to say "Thank you", next time you are driving in peak hour and some nice random lets you in, raise your hand and say "thank you", next time you are shopping and a sales assistant has been pleasant, say "thank you"... next time you want something from someone, simply ask "please", you might be astonished at what you might get in return!

Thank you for reading...
Please check back again!
Stay fabulous!
Adieu Angel xxxx

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Angel, you truly are what your name represents. THANK YOU for your latest blog, and imparting your doggie wisdom upon us.
I was having a terrible day for no reason at all but you made me paws for thought. I believe it's so easy to get caught up in this world, and ourselves, that we end up rushing past all the good around us. And only stop when we see the bad. If only more humans took time out to look around and see what's in front of them, and acknowledge the people around them, then there would be lots more please and thank yous, and lots more smiles. Hope your Mummy gives you a big scratch on your tummy very soon...
you've made me stop to think about how we can get so caught up in this world that we lose sight of what's in front of us.
You are fabulous. Keep blogging, and remember, love your hair, hope you win.
Blue_Angel xxxxxxx